As bad as the economy is, treating yourself and your car properly with some nice tips to save you money and time is the smartest thing you can do this summer. If you plan on traveling at any point this summer, it is extremely important that you ensure your car is ready to go. Here are a few tips to protect your auto. Adhere to these things before you take off:
- Make sure you have all the essentials. Run your vehicle for a few minutes and then check to see if your oil is at the proper level. In fact, it would be a good idea to get it changed if it is near your next oil change. A lot of technicians tell you to change it at every 3,000 miles but some manuals say differently so make sure you check yours. Check all other fluid levels as well.
- Smack around your tires. Checking your tires to see if they are properly inflated and the tread is okay is important. Stick a penny upside down between the thread. If you see the top of the head, then it is time to change the tires.
- If you have anything in the trunk that doesn’t belong, get rid of it. Unnecessary items in your trunk can cost you fuel by weighing your vehicle down.
- Prepare for anything. Always have an emergency kit on hand in case you need it. You can usually buy these at retail stores or car part stores. Also, try to go the speed limit and this will lower the chances of you needing the emergency kit.
- Make sure your auto warranty is up to date. An auto warranty will help out with those costly repairs and ensure that any problems that do arise can be dealt with quickly.